Front End Web Developer
Job ID: 20580
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|To commensurate with experience|
New Albany, Indiana United States
|September 23, 2013|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||January 31, 2014|
You're a designer with developer chops and instincts. You help bridge communication gaps between artists and programmers by speaking both languages fluently. You have some experience under your belt, but you're still growing in your trade and learning something new on the daily. “Attention to Detail” is probably tattooed on your forearm in a super rad typeface. You understand and empathize with end users, knowing they are people.
The primary role of the Front End Web Developer is to create and support hosted software applications using current, ever-changing web technologies. A typical day might consist of meeting with your team before jumping knee deep into a brand new product or technology you know nothing about, and with minimal supervision. Don't fear---we're here to help, because we're all in this together, working to build the best products and apps in the industry.
We're a team of passionate, experienced and humble web and mobile folks. We do our own design and marketing, but we're not even close to being a stuffy agency. Expect to have some fun at work, and plan on getting a lot done in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What You'll be Doing
- Planning, wireframing, designing, coding, testing and analyzing new and existing applications
- Conducting research on emerging application development software products and packages, languages, and standards in support of development efforts
- Preparing technical documentation for end-user training
- 2+ years experience building websites and applications
- Solid background in design (UI/UX)
- Solid experience developing with HTML/CSS
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, time management and conflict resolution
- Experience planning and wireframing
- Experience using a responsive, mobile-first approach
- Ability to thrive in a team setting in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic with a relentlessly high attention to detail
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience with PHP (specifically the Laravel framework)
- Experience using Bootstrap (or Foundation) and LESS (or Sass)
- Experience with Git or SVN source control; Comfortable with the command line
- Experience with Agile software development, specifically Scrum
How to Apply
Submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.