Basketball Coaches - Winter Season
Job ID: 20765
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|Stipends range from $350-$500||3-4|
|Higher Level Basketball |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|November 01, 2013|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||November 23, 2013|
Higher Level Basketball (HLB) is seeking basketball coaches (and aspiring coaches) for
Head and assistant coaching positions with our Middle School AAU teams. HLB has achieved exceptional success levels in helping players advance.
Candidates with experience in coaching and/or playing at the high school level or above will be given top preference, but we provide training/support to ALL levels of coaches.
We seek candidates who possess the following characteristics:
Highly dependable & accountable—Detail oriented
Ability to accept constructive criticism
- On-floor coaching, including coordination, teaching and supervision of drill work
- Regular attendance at practices and games (1-2 practices per week; 1 game per week. 12 week period)
- Development of, or assistance with, preparation plans for practices and games
- Attendance at staff meetings and training sessions
- Communication with players, parents and the general public in a positive, constructive manner
Above all, ALL coaches are expected to be committed to our mission of improving each and every player in preparation for that player's next season/level of play.
Specific position information
Winter season: November 1 - early/mid February
NOTE: Middle school coaches may renew/be retained for spring competitive season if winter season goes well
Practices: 1-2 sessions per week during week.
Games: Middle School: Sun league games + 2-3 weekend tourneys (local) from mid-Jan to mid Feb
BENEFITS of COACHING with HLB:
- Outstanding Networking opportunities in coaching & athletics, including non-coaching positions, such as athletic administration, facility management and sports marketing. HLB has had great success in helping advance coaches to both coaching and sports administration positions.
- Our coaches are offered real-world advising and guidance on careers/positions in the coaching & athletics professions through letters of reference/recommendations, resume/networking assistance and position evaluation skill development.
- The chance to advance in an expanding company, including opportunities to join our skill instruction staff or one of our new market development teams.
Higher Level Basketball emphasizes player skill development through skill instruction sessions, camps, clinics, team play and other supportive services. HLB is directed by a staff of NABC (National Association of Basketball Coaches) - PDS certified coaches.
Qualifications expected of all HLB coaches:
- Organized and Manage time well
- Good Communication Skills, particularly oral skills
- Professional Appearance
- Former college or high school coaches, former college or high school players are most preferred, but all backgrounds encouraged to apply if you have a passion for the game and for helping young people.
How to Apply
If you're interested in becoming an HLB team coach, please visit www.higherlevelbb.com and click on the coaches application at the bottom of the main page and complete online, or for more information/details, email us at email@example.com with your interest and/or questions.