Job ID: 20835
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|$10.00 - $12.00 per hour||35-40|
|Technidyne Corporation |
New Albany, Indiana United States
|November 15, 2013|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||December 06, 2013|
Technidyne Corporation, a leading supplier of test equipment for quality and process control in the worldwide pulp, paper and allied industries is seeking a highly detailed associate to enter data into the computer, work with and interpret data from basic mathematical calculations, prepare simple graphs along with basic data analysis, and enjoy working and participating in a team environment.
1. Perform measurement of optical, strength, and physical properties using lab equipment;
2. Collect data and prepare reports which could include data entry, data manipulation and database management, preparation of graphs and/or other reports for customers;
3. Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) in operating laboratory equipment;
4. Collaborate with other technicians to ensure that samples and standards are prepared and delivered promptly to customers;
5. Perform miscellaneous tasks in our standard or filter labs;
6. Collaborate on updates and improvements to standard methods (SOPs) based on ISO or TAPPI test methods and recommended procedures.
- Measurement of optical properties such as brightness, color, gloss, and opacity using diffuse and directional laboratory test equipment on paper and pigment (clay, limestone, and other inorganic fillers) samples;
- Perform physical and strength measurements such as weight, thickness, smoothness, softness, porosity, tensile and burst on samples of paper, tissue, foil, and film;
- Prepare samples for testing optical and/or physical properties;
- Perform other tests as required, such as testing of retained samples and/or collaborative samples, along with new testing associated new test equipment;
- Computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel;
- May lift up to 50 pounds, including cartons of paper, and organizational filing;
- Occasional customer communication that could include order clarification, order fulfillment, and/or complaint resolution.
Integrity HR is the Human Resources outsourcing and consulting group that works with Technidyne Corporation for all their HR needs including filling vacant positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, AS/AA in math or chemistry preferred;
- Basic computer skills, proficient with MS Excel and MS Word;
- Good verbal communication and clearly legible handwriting;
- Work well with others in a close, collaborative, work environment;
- Ability to be flexible and accept direction;
- Ability to perform repetitive detailed work for a period of time;
- Demonstrated experience in data entry with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in a testing lab working with data, calculating averages/deviations, reading control charts and interpreting basic graphs.
How to Apply
Submit resumes via email to email@example.com.