Job ID: 21133
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|DOE||Weekdays: 8:00-4:30 or 8:30-5:00|
|Kentucky Science Center |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|February 07, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||March 09, 2014|
Camp Counselors ensure that campers experience a stimulating and fun learning environment at the Kentucky Science Center in the classroom, while in our exhibits and as a part of extended care. Camp Counselors will assist Teachers with lesson plans and activities, help maintain a safe and functional classroom, and work closely with children of all ages. Seeking individuals who are high energy, have an enthusiastic “do science!” attitude, and who are patient and dependable.
- Help Camp Teachers provide a safe instructional environment in the classroom.
- Maintain a safe and fun environment while visiting exhibits with campers.
- Assist with help and health and safety of the campers by evaluating and treating minor incidents, and informing Camp Assistant I and Camp Staff Lead of any incidents.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Pursuing a College Degree or other certified post secondary program in education or other related discipline.
- Working experience with elementary age children, preferably in a recreational setting.
- Must be available to work a full-day camp setting, five days a week.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- If selected, Camp Counselors are required to attend a full day of Orientation.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Camp Hours: Weekdays: 8:00-4:30 or 8:30-5:00, June 2 - August 12, 2014
- Camp Counselors are NOT required to commit to all 11 weeks of camp but are required to commit to a FULL WEEK of work (Mon-Fri). Prefer applicants who can commit to at least 3 weeks of camp.
- Ability to work comfortably with the public of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing situations and react calmly under pressure.
- Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced camp environment and have an enthusiasm for working with children.
- Applicant must be comfortable communicating with parents on a daily basis.
- Understanding of basic educational practices and basic scientific principles.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others, especially children of all ages.
- Ability to work comfortably with science equipment, multimedia/instructional technology and safety procedures.
- For a full description of camp topics; please see our website at www.KYScienceCenter.org/events.
How to Apply
Submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.