Camp Teacher - Seasonal
Job ID: 21135
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|Kentucky Science Center |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|February 07, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||March 09, 2014|
Teachers ensure that campers experience a stimulating and fun learning environment at the Kentucky Science Center and will implement all lesson plans (provided by the Kentucky Science Center) and activities for a class of no more than 25 K-8 students. Teachers will, additionally, provide supervision and training to camp counselors and all volunteers in the classroom.
- College Graduate with emphasis in education or other related discipline. Preferred current Teaching Certificate.
- Working experience with Kindergarten through middle school students (K-8).
- Must be available to work a full-day camp setting, five days a week.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- Experience in program development preferred.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- If selected, Camp Teachers are required to attend a full day of Orientation.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Camp Hours: Weekdays: 8:00-5:00, June 2 - August 12, 2014
- Teachers are NOT required to commit to all 11 weeks of camp but are required to commit to a FULL WEEK of work (Mon-Fri). Prefer applicants who can commit to at least 3 weeks of camp.
- Ability to work comfortably with the public of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing situations and react calmly under pressure.
- Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced camp environment and have an enthusiasm for working with children.
- Applicant must be comfortable communicating with parents on a daily basis.
- Understanding of basic educational practices and basic scientific principles.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others, especially children of all ages.
- Ability to work comfortably with science equipment, multimedia/instructional technology and safety procedures.
- For a full description of camp topics; please see our website at www.KYScienceCenter.org/events.
How to Apply
Submit resumes via email to email@example.com.