Camp Supply Assistant - Seasonal
Job ID: 21136
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|Kentucky Science Center |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|February 07, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||March 09, 2014|
The Camp Supply Assistant will play a vital role in the day to day aspects of camp. The main responsibility of the Camp Supply Assistant will be to assist the Supply Specialist by ensuring all supplies are prepared and organized for each week of camp. This will include attaining a basic knowledge of supply locations throughout the building as well as management of camp supplies throughout the summer. Additionally, the Camp Supply Assistant will work closely with all Camp Teachers and Counselors each day to maintain and restock all materials.
- Assist the Supply Specialist to ensure all supplies are prepared and organized for each week of camp.
- Assists in supervising campers during lunch.
- Purchase supplies needed for camps via going to the store or ordering online.
- Assist with help and health and safety of the campers by evaluating and treating minor incidents, maintaining update health records for staff and campers, and stocking of first aid kits.
- Experience working with elementary-age children.
- Chemical handling experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be available to work a full-day camp setting, five days a week.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- Experience in program development preferred.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Preferred current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must be available to help with camp prep starting May 27, 2014.
Camp Hours: Weekdays: 7:00-3:00, or 10:00-6:00 June 2 - August 12, 2014
- It is preferred that the Camp Supply Assistant commit to at least 8 weeks of camp and commit to a FULL WEEK of work (Mon-Fri). All applicants must attend a full day orientation.
- If selected, Camp Supply Assistant is required to attend a full day of Orientation.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Ability to work comfortably with the public of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing situations and react calmly under pressure.
- Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced camp environment and have an enthusiasm for working with children.
- Understanding of basic educational practices and basic scientific principles.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others, especially children of all ages.
- Ability to work comfortably with science equipment, multimedia/instructional technology and safety procedures.
- For a full description of camp topics; please see our website at www.KYScienceCenter.org/events.
How to Apply
Submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.