Onsite Camp Lead - Seasonal
Job ID: 21137
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|Kentucky Science Center |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|February 07, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||March 09, 2014|
The Onsite Camp Lead will play a vital role in the day to day management of camp. The Onsite Camp Lead will work closely with the Fee-Based Programs Specialist and Workshop and Offsite Coordinator to ensure the daily coordination of the School's Out Science Camp program. This will include attaining a basic knowledge of the Kentucky Science Center exhibits and supply locations. Additionally, the Onsite Camp Lead will work closely with all Camp Teachers and Counselors each day to maintain our high caliber camp/operations.
- Assist in training Teachers and Counselors on day-to-day camp logistics and procedures.
- Assist the Fee-Based Program Specialist with the coordination of all on-site camp programming including check-in/check-out, daily camp schedules, demonstrations, movies, etc.
- Assist in coordination of special requests with other museum staff and all field trips
- Assist with help and health and safety of the campers by evaluating and treating minor incidents, maintaining update health records for staff and campers, and stocking of first aid kits.
- Assist with day-to-day logistics.
- Assists in supervising campers during lunch
- Maintain and review parent evaluations
- Previous experience working with elementary-age children in an informal setting.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be available to work a full-day camp setting, four 10 hour days a week.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- Experience in program development preferred.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Preferred current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must be available to help with camp prep starting May 12, 2014.
Camp Hours: Mondays: 7:00-5:00, and Tuesday-Friday 7:30-5:30 (with one day off)
June 2 - August 12, 2014
- It is preferred that the Onsite Camp Lead commit to at least 8 weeks of camp and commit to a FULL WEEK of work (Mon-Fri - with one day off). All applicants must attend a full day orientation.
- If selected, Camp Lead is required to attend a full day of Orientation.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Ability to work comfortably with the public of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing situations and react calmly under pressure.
- Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced camp environment and have an enthusiasm for working with children.
- Applicant must be comfortable communicating with parents on a daily basis.
- Understanding of basic educational practices and basic scientific principles.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others, especially children of all ages.
- Ability to work comfortably with science equipment, multimedia/instructional technology and safety procedures.
- For a full description of camp topics; please see our website at www.KYScienceCenter.org/events.
How to Apply
Submit resumes via email to email@example.com.