PT Circulation & Media Services Assistant
Job ID: 21138
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|New Albany Floyd County Public Library |
New Albany, Indiana United States
|February 10, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||February 28, 2014|
Under general supervision, performs public service work or technical service work, serving library patrons directly or indirectly.
Examples of Work Performed
1. Enters and deletes library holdings in computer database.
2. Performs acquisition procedures, such as ordering, checking in materials and claiming periodicals.
3. Requests interlibrary loan materials and maintains interlibrary loan files.
4. Assists with collection maintenance, such as weeding print and non-print materials.
5. Inventories and orders supplies and materials for programs and services specific to program area.
6. Assists patrons with ready-reference, routine reader's advisory service, and routine bibliographic instruction.
7. Assists with or presents library programs, organizes special displays, creates and distributes promotional materials and electronic media.
8. Does outreach programs and assists with group visits and tours of the library.
9. Provides information and recommendations that can be used for materials selection.
10. Creates and maintains electronic bibliographies and pathfinders utilizing Web 2.0 technologies.
11. Performs other related work.
1. Two years of study at an accredited college, university or technical school.
2. Computer literacy.
3. Two or more years of library experience.
4. Ability to work weekends and evenings a must.
5. Previous experience working with children desirable.
How to Apply
Submit resume via email to email@example.com.