IT Support Specialist
Job ID: 21140
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|$40-50k per year||40|
|D.D. Williamson (DDW) |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|February 10, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||March 31, 2014|
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, software, printers and VOIP phone system. Solutions include, but are not limited to, resolving username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling software applications, verifying proper hardware and software set up, assisting with navigating around application menus and troubleshooting email issues. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user friendly way.
- Uphold all DDW's Mission Statement, Quality Policy, Values and Beliefs.
- Manage incoming support requests to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, email clients, VOIP phone system, printers and more.
- Find or develop and disseminate help sheets, user guides and FAQ lists
- Ensure technology meets and fulfills user requirements and identify and resolve system issues and problems.
- Assist in implementation of software, modules or applications
- Backup team members as required with tasks related to IT infrastructure
- Work Environment/Safety
- Technical Skills
- Job Knowledge
- Global Perspective
- Change Driver
- Communication Skills
- Associate Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of hardware including desktops, laptops, printers, VOIP phone systems and network appliances (switches, routers, firewalls and servers).
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise, desktop and cloud based applications.
- Hands-on work ethic - does what needs to be done to solve issues and problems quickly
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Strong communication skills, capable of training and interacting with people at all levels of the organization and in different cultures around the world.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Follow and recommend new trends in technology.
- Develop solutions to resolve problems that may occur in DDW's day-day operations.