Job ID: 21157
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|September 24, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||October 31, 2014|
Patient Advocate-Full Time
MEDS, a leader in patient advocacy, is seeking Patient Advocates to join our team in Louisville, KY.
The schedule is: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
The Patient Advocate will coordinate activities to ensure that Medicaid, Social Security, County Indigent or other types of eligible funding for healthcare services is received for patients onsite at a local hospital. This includes assisting the patients and others to complete forms, applications and other paperwork.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and review patient information to determine patient's eligibility
- Prepare documents; review for accuracy and completeness
- Provide technical assistance on agency issues, services, program(s)
- Maintain and/or create files or record keeping systems. Sort, label file and retrieve documents or other materials.
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained.
- Manage caseload.
- Computer proficiency skills are required.
- Retrieve, sustain and communicate all designated reports.
- Maintain database.
- Develop and retain professional relationship with hospital staff.
- Degree preferred but not required
- We are seeking professionals who are compassionate about helping those in need.
- Previous experience working with Medicaid and/or in a medical office setting is helpful.
- Must have the ability to maintain and respect confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
- Must be highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and time managerial skills.
- Must be able to self-direct the work.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package including:
Life and Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.