Direct Care Provider/CNA/HHA
Job ID: 21216
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|November 10, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||February 10, 2015|
There is never a dull moment in Direct Care! We have a variety of unique schedules to fit your needs, whether you're looking for a career, to pick up a few shifts, work with great colleagues supporting incredible clients, or to make a difference each day, ResCare has something for you.
Direct care staff are the lifeblood of our company. Whether you are taking a client out for pizza and bowling, helping them prepare a meal, or assisting with writing a letter to a family member, you are making a difference! You contribute to helping someone reach their highest level of independence, which is quite a feeling...and a responsibility.
Some things our direct care staff do in a day might include:
- Support persons served with their daily living (laundry, finances, recreation, meal preparation, transportation, on-the-job support)
- Foster positive relationships between persons served and their housemates
- Communicate pertinent information with families, supervisors, co-workers and others
- Ensure proper medication/therapies or other services are provided according to the ""service plan"" for that individual.
Our direct care staff will serve with skill, compassion, respect and care. We will help others reach their highest level of independence.
- Show patience, respect and care in dealing with clients
- Be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, sit and walk for periods of time. Must be able to utilize proper body mechanics while assisting with transfers of individuals weighing up to 250 pounds.
- Successfully complete annual in-services
- Reliable transportation
- Experience caring for the elderly.
- A clean background check
Current CNA with State of KY and/or experience.
Current CPR and TB test a plus not required.
How to Apply
Questions can be directed to Amy Ferriell at 502-423-4336 ext 4926