Job ID: 5000412
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|American Commercial Lines Inc. |
Jeffersonville, Indiana United States
|July 18, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||September 29, 2014|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help with the development of a 24 month sales training program.
- Assist with business plan development at a customer specific level.
- Prepare departmental reports and provide periodic repots to mid-level and senior management
- Resolve problems concerning barge movement, placement, demurrage or billing issues on a per customer basis
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Answer customers' questions about demurrage, billing, barge placement and barge tracking
- Work with Regional Sales Director to identify customer needs and help with implementation of any necessary customer requirements
- Prepare departmental reports for Sales organization.
- Gather and share market and customer intelligence throughout the organization.
- Working with Logistics and Operations, review business opportunities on a weekly basis.
- Travel to key ACL locations such as Harahan, Armant, Cairo, Houston, and other docks and terminals to fully understand scale of operations.
- Attending trade shows/industry events and local networking events to assist in new lead generation.
- Assist in establishing sales forecasts and secure contracts according to goals.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- B.S. in Marketing or a related field preferred.
- 1-5 years of precious experience in Logistics / Operations with a mid-size or large company is preferred.
- Previous experience in the marine transportation industry is desired.
- Proficiency in MS Office software (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel essential).
- Perform in diverse manufacturing and/or marine transportation environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
How to Apply