Job ID: 5000681
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|WLKY TV |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|November 21, 2014|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||December 21, 2014|
Job Description: WLKY, the Hearst-owned CBS affiliate in Louisville, KY has an opening for a Full Time News Video Editor. The right candidate will have excellent editing skills, a sense of urgency and a positive, energetic work ethic.
- Edit raw video to predetermined lengths to tell compelling, understandable and accurate visual stories, following the instructions of producers, writers, reporters, supervisors, etc.
- Exercise excellent professional judgment based on current broadcast industry video and audio quality and editing standards.
- Follow station policies regarding journalistic standards of good taste, quality and appropriateness, and alert managers when questions arise regarding any of these concerns.
- Coordinate editing information with writer, reporter, producer and/or supervisors.
- Locate, file and computerize archival video.
- Record video and audio feeds from sources including microwave, satellite, fiber, phone, and other web-based/internet feeds.
- Make dubs and prepare video for use in-house, in the field and for other related news department purposes.
- Upload video to FTP sites
- May be assigned other duties. Shifts subject to change.
Bachelor's degree or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WLKY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.