Students assume responsibility for meeting degree requirements and for filing the application for a degree. The application for the degree must be completed when planning the program for the final semester. Students must file a degree application with the School of Nursing recorder by September 1 for December graduation and by December 1 for May, June or August graduation.
All candidates for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Nursing must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete satisfactorily 123-127 credit hours that apply to the degree (credit hour requirements may vary slightly among campuses). Credits earned in remedial learning skill courses do not apply toward the degree.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of C (2.0)
- Achieve a grade of C (2.0) or higher in each required course or equivalent.
- Remove all incomplete, deferred, and/or special credit course grades in nursing courses by three weeks prior to the end of the student's last semester before graduation.
- Complete all course work within six years after enrollment in nursing courses.
- Note*: A pattern of withdrawals may influence requests for consideration of reinstatement.
- Students are required to complete an NCLEX® Readiness Examination, NCLEX® Review, and other assessments.