A-5. Communication, Cooperation, and Participation in the Continuing Planning and Evaluation Process
IU Southeast will achieve dynamic and forward-looking strategic planning by
- Involving all major campus constituencies in assessment and planning efforts.
- Periodically reviewing and setting campus priorities.
- Clearly assigning major objectives to responsible parties, and charging those parties with developing and implementing detailed plans to accomplish those objectives.
- Continuously scanning the institution’s environment, monitoring progress of the campus’s programs, and providing feedback to departments and operating units that fosters continuous improvement.
- Providing, through institutional research, information needed to analyze needs, to define goals and baseline measures, and to monitor progress.
- Linking planning activities with the campus budget development process; and using existing institutional structures and processes as much as possible, creating new ones only when necessary.