- Write effectively for specific purposes and audiences
- Analyze, interpret, and assess the aesthetic, argumentative and/or ethical value of information
- Effectively read and interpret a variety of texts in different frameworks (for example, historic, critical, theoretical)
- Effectively identify appropriate source materials for specific purposes and audiences
- Use computer-based and Web-based technologies effectively, appropriately, and ethically for a variety of audiences and purposes
- Use writing beyond the classroom to address academic, ethical and/or aesthetic issues.