Modern Languages faculty members pursue active research agendas that enhance our teaching in meaningful ways and connect IU Southeast to a wider scholarly community.
Published books and articles
- “Haitian Culture: Largely Untapped Resource for Francophone Studies”. French Review, Vol 85 (5), April 2012.
- “Creole in the Public Eye: Written Instances of Creole in Public Spaces in Guadeloupe.” French Cultural Studies, Vol 22 (4), November, 2011.
- “Lessons from Historical Linguistics.” In K. Fresco & Wendy Pfeffer (Eds.), ‘Chançon legiere a chanter’: Essays on Old French Literature in Honor of Samuel N. Rosenberg. Birmingham, AL: Summa Publications, 2007.
- “Middle French Narrative Tenses Revisited Once again.” Neophilologus, April 2006.
- “Bringing the Web to the Foreign Language Writing Class.” The French Review, Vol. 78, October 2004.
- “A comparative view of early French historical prose: Implications for compositional orientation.” Romance Notes, Vol. 43, Spring 2003.
- Valdman, A., Pooser, C. L. & Jean-Baptiste, R. A Learner's Dictionary of Haitian Creole. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Creole Institute. 1997.
- "Thirteenth Century Oral Resonances: The Case of the Valenciennes Chronicle." Proceedings of the Twentieth University of Pennsylvania Linguistics Colloquium, Philadelphia, February 17-18, 1996.