Previous equivalent coursework can fulfill some of the course requirements listed below. To earn the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in General Business,
- all of the required courses must be successfully completed (C- or better) and
- at least six of the courses listed below (either required or recommended) must be successfully completed (C- or better) at IUS after undergraduate degree completion.
Required courses (24 hours)
- BUS-A 201 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- BUS-A 202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting P: BUS-A 201
- ECON-E 150 Introduction to Economics
- ECON-E 200 Fundamentals of Economics: An Overview P: ECON-E 150
- ECON-E 280 Applied Statistics for Business & Economics I P: M 122, K 201 or equivalent Excel skills
- BUS-F 301 Financial Management P: BUS-A 202, ECON-E 150
- BUS-M 301 Introduction to Marketing Management P: ECON-E 200
- BUS-P 301 Operations Management P: ECON-E 280
Recommended Additional Course Options:*
- BUS-K 201 The Computer in Business
- BUS-L 201 Legal Environment of Business
- BUS-Z 302 Managing and Behavior in Organizations P: SPCH-S 121, PSY-P 101or P102
- BUS-K 321 Management of Information Technology P: BUS-K 201, ECON-E 280
- BUS-A 311 Intermediate Accounting I P: BUS-A 202
- BUS-D 300 International Business Administration P: ECON-E 200
- BUS-P 330 Project Management P: BUS-P 301
- BUS-W 301 Principles of Management
- BUS-Z 440 Personnel-Human Resource Management P: BUS-Z 302
*Another 300-400 level BUS or ECON course may be used in place of a recommended course.
Prior to enrolling, see a School of Business academic advisor about this substitution opportunity.