Greek Life at IU Southeast
Interested in joining a Sorority or Fraternity at IU Southeast? Look for Greek information during the Week of Welcome at IU Southeast this fall.
Why should I join a fraternity or sorority?
Fraternity and sorority life at IU Southeast is a great way to get involved! Becoming a member of a fraternity or sorority provides countless opportunities to make your college experience as fulfilling as possible.
What will I do as a member?
Members of Greek Life participate in community volunteer projects and campus activities like Week of Welcome, Homecoming and Intramurals.
What are the benefits?
Students in Greek organizations consistently have high GPAs. Each organization has academic programs that help members who may need assistance and encourage academic achievement. Greek organizations also allow students to gain leadership skills by serving as officers and chairpersons. Most of all, joining a fraternity or sorority foster a strong bond of brother and sisterhood between members that lasts a lifetime!
- Nationally, 71% of all fraternity and sorority member graduate, while only 50% of non-members graduate.
- The All fraternity and sorority GPA is higher than the overall collegiate GPA.
- Since 1910, 85% of the Supreme Court Justices have been fraternity or sorority members.
- 85% of the Fortune 500 key executives are fraternity or sorority members.
- Of the nation's 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by fraternity or sorority members.
- 76% of Who's Who in America are fraternity or sorority members.
- All but two Presidents since 1825 have been fraternity or sorority members.
- 70% of the U.S. Presidents' cabinet members since 1900 have been fraternity or sorority members.
- 76% of U.S. Senators are fraternity or sorority members.
- Both women appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court were sorority members.
- Over 85% of the student leaders on 730 campuses are members of Greek-letter organizations.
- Less than 2% of average college student expenses go towards membership dues.
- A study by the University of Missouri found that Greeks throughout the US and Canada are more involved on their campuses and rate their overall university experience better.
- The same study found that fraternity or sorority members are more involved in their communities; and give more generously to their alma maters.
- Fraternity or sorority members form the largest network of volunteers in the U.S.-Nationally, fraternity or sorority members volunteer approximately 10 million hours of community service annually.
- Fraternity or sorority membership strongly encourages within its community to uphold the ideals that they were founded on: sisterhood and brotherhood, scholarship, leadership, philanthropy, and becoming better citizens of society.
- Hazing is against National Fraternity or Sorority Headquarters policies.
- Nationally, fraternity or sorority members are the largest and most visible value-based student organizations.
- 01.26.2015 – Administering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (MOC 10747)
- 01.26.2015 – School of Nursing Application Info Session
- 01.26.2015 – HTML5 and CSS: The Basics