How did you find your internship?
It was in a job bank posting on the employee website. I applied and out of 150 applicants, I was 1 of 20 chosen. They said my application was impressive, and since I had been with the company for more than 5 years, I deserved a shot to move up within the company.
Please describe what a typical day was like at your internship.
• Meetings with the businesses
• Research/ Test Solutions
• Follow up with Businesses
• Special Projects
• Design Mobile Application
• Finding SharePoint replacement solution
• Conference Calls
What did you learn from your internship?
I learned about:
• Working with others professionally
• Email etiquette
• Project management/ responsibility for projects
• Designing a Mobile application
• Researching Applications
• Google Business Suite
• Creating Google Sites
• Enterprise Social Networking
How did your internship help you in your career path?
It opened my eyes about what is out there and what people do in the business world. I gained real world experience and made great contacts to help me get a good job in the future whether it is at Costco Corporate in the future or somewhere else.