Maintenance Associate, 2nd shift
Job ID: 20800
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|ConAgra (Ralcorp) |
Buckner, Kentucky United States
|November 08, 2013|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||January 01, 2014|
This position is responsible for the set up, adjustment, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment used in the production facility.
- Observes machines and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Adjusts functional parts of machine devices and control instruments, which includes change-over to new sizes and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality in supporting all manufacturing needs.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks. Records all data as assigned.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery as needed.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system, returning all unused parts to the parts room, disposing of defective parts, and returning shop tools to the tool room in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repairs and maintenance.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with GMP's, company policies and procedures.
- Reviews downtime reports from production lines and develops corrective plans with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic mechanical skills required. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, programmable controllers, basic electric skills, as well as the desire to continue to improve ability and knowledge of existing and new equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- 3-5 years maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience in a packaging operation that includes glass and plastic containers preferred.
- Must have the ability to use hand tools and trade-type tools; good motor coordination necessary.
- Proven record of ability to handle equipment safely, sensibly and maturely.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to make sensitive adjustments in equipment.
- Must be team-oriented with the ability to work with others and without direct supervision.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping
- Good physical condition, able to lift 50 lbs frequently.
- Must wear required personal protection equipment associated with manufacturing work environment and job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to the job. They are not intended to an exhaustive list of the responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals so classified. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.conagrafoods.com. Click on Careers, Country:United States, State: KY, City:Buckner, Search for Job.