Art Instructors - Part Time
Job ID: 20907
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|$10.00 per hour||20 - 25|
|Boys & Girls Club of Kentuckiana |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|December 03, 2013|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||January 31, 2014|
For nearly 60 years, our organization has opened doors of hope and opportunity to the youth of our community. Our staff has over 60 years combined experience working with youth. Our organizations mission statement is to inspire and enable all young people, those most in need of our services, to realize and develop their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens in a global society.
Our organzation is looking for Art Instructors for our two Indiana clubs. We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic people who are interested in youth development, and arts education.
Plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates all programs and activities provided in the Arts and Cultural Core Program Area within the designated Clubhouse.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1) Ensure programs, services and activities that prepare youth for success, promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all times. Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
2) Contribute to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan by:
a) Planning, organizing and implementing a range of program services and activities for drop in members and visitors;
b) Initiating new programs with the approval of the Unit/Program Manager;
c) Recommending the development of arts and cultural programs to the Arts and Cultural Coordinator.
d) Promoting and stimulating program participation.
3) Ensure quality improvement by monitoring and evaluation program achievement against target goals, recommending modifications that responds to member needs and interests and participating in weekly staff meeting.
Health and Safety
1) Ensure a healthy and safe environment, supervising members in program area.
2) Manage facilities and ensure a productive work environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order. Recommend requisitions, as necessary; controlling expenditures against monthly supply budget.
Program Development and Implementation
1) Contribute to new member orientation by orienting youth to designated arts and cultural program areas.
2) Manage administrative systems by maintaining records (especially grant related program data) that are effective and consistent with policies and procedures.
3) Ensure that Club members participate in the Fine Arts Competition and other arts and cultural activities/programs.
4) Utilize the Arts and Cultural Handbook in program implementation.
1) Manage assigned volunteers and; provide ongoing feedback; and identify and support development opportunities.
1) May participate in special programs and/or events.
2) May be required to drive Club van.
3) All other duties as assigned by the Program/Unit Manager.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, Arts and Cultural Coordinator and Unit/Program Manager to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members parents, arts and cultural organizations, others to assist in resolving problems and delivering quality programs.
1) Minimum of one year experience in planning and implementing youth-oriented arts and cultural programs.
2) Knowledge of youth development.
3) Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
4) Ability to supervise and motivate volunteers.
5) Ability to deal with the general public.
6) Ability to plan and implement quality arts and cultural programs for youth.
7) Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
8) Valid State Drivers License.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org