Program Aide - Part Time
Job ID: 20909
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|$9.00 per hour||25|
|Boys & Girls Club of Kentuckiana |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|December 03, 2013|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||January 31, 2014|
For over 50 years, our organizations has been in the forefront of youth development, working with young people from disadvantaged economic, social and family circumstances. Our organization is an out-of-school time provider, offering a safe haven for youth who need us. We open our doors and our arms to kids ages 6-18, in a safe, positive environment. Inside our Clubs, kids are greeted by name by adult youth professionals in a fun, family atmosphere.
We are looking for an enthusuastic, energetic person who is interested in youth development and education to work with our team to provide educational programming to the youth we serve.
Schedule: During School Year - Monday through Friday 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
During Summer - Monday through Friday 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Reports to: Unit Director
Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided within a specific program area, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- promote and stimulate program participation;
- register new members and participate in their club orientation process;
- provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
2. Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors.
3. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the unit at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
4. Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly unit staff meetings.
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. May be required to drive Club van.
High School diploma or GED.
Experience in working with children.
Knowledge of youth development.
Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
Ability to deal with the general public.
Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
Valid State Drivers License
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their resume to: