Front Office & Database Coordinator
Job ID: 20974
|Salary||Approximate Hours Per Week|
|10.00 - 12.00 per hour, based on experience||30|
|Cabbage Patch Settlement House, The |
Louisville, Kentucky United States
|December 20, 2013|
|Position Type||Applications Accepted Until|
|Non-Degreed Positions||January 31, 2014|
Position Title: Front Office and Database Coordinator
Monday - Friday, 3 pm - 9 pm (30 hrs per week).
All applicants for this position must:
- Support the goals, philosophy and Christian beliefs of The Cabbage Patch Settlement House
- Have the ability to use standard office equipments (copier, fax, phone, printer, etc.)
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and the ability to use database tracking systems
â¢ Take care of all admissions and departure needs of members.
â¢ Get to know each child as an individual and establish positive, professional relationships.
â¢ Enforce the behavioral code.
â¢ Maintain enrollment database (Kidtrax) and keep current behavioral record reports. Record suspensions and behavior cards as needed.
â¢ Maintain a clean, neat, safe and secure play/work environment for clients and other staff members. Ensure the work area is clean and tidy at the end of each day.
â¢Meet and greet guests, visitors, parents, volunteers and interns.
â¢ Regularly consult with the rest of the staff relative to discipline issues.
â¢ Learn and follow our safe physical management methods.
â¢ Encourage youth to sign up for and participate in activities. Identify youth who are struggling to fit in and help them join activities and peer groups.
â¢ As needed, provide positive and detailed new member orientation.
â¢ Open up and close down the Recreation department. Check all exterior locks and set security alarms as assigned, if needed.
â¢ Responsible for vacating clients during fire drills and move clients to safety during inclement weather (i.e. tornado warnings, etc.)
â¢ Act on approved goals and objective to ensure achievement of desired results.
â¢ Maintain backpacks, coats and other belongings (of members) in the front office area.
â¢ Keep security door locked at all times and keep members out of front office area except for people in “time out” and/or C.I.T if assigned to area by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience working with at-risk, urban youth preferred.
- Must have an acceptable criminal records check.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and carry up and down steps.
- Able to work with a multicultural population in noisy, chaotic conditions.
- Able to enforce our policies and maintain our behavioral expectations.
- Able to establish positive, professional relationships with clients and their families.
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: The Cabbage Patch Settlement House, Attn: Merabeth Martin, 1413 South Sixth Street, Louisville, KY 40208 or submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.