Eligible students can earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of up to $4,725 for service prior to 2010 and $5550 for later service through AmeriCorps. AmeriCorps members receive their award after completing full or part time service over a 10 to 12 month period. The award can be used to pay for current educational expenses or to pay back qualified student loans. Visit the AmeriCorps website to find additional information.
- Submit an online request to pay for your current educational expenses through the My AmeriCorps website. This request is then sent to the Office of Student Financial Assistance for review.
- Select a specific semester and year that you are requesting the funds to be applied towards (ex. Fall 2010). Otherwise, the request will be denied.
- The Office of Student Financial Assistance does not process requests for student loan repayment or forbearance. All requests of this nature will be denied. Please contact your lender directly or the Student Loan Administration for further assistance.
- The Office of Student Financial Assistance does not process requests for Correspondence courses. Students may obtain a paper voucher from AmeriCorps and submit it to the School of Continuing Studies.
- A student must be enrolled in at least one credit hour for the semester for which funds are being requested.
- Requests submitted prior to enrollment will be held until either the student enrolls or the semester's enrollment period ends.
- Requests will be denied if student fails to enroll in at least one credit hour.
- Requests submitted after the end of the semester will be denied.
- A student must have adequate unmet Cost of Attendance for your requested payment amount.
- AmeriCorps payments requested after the student has been packaged with Federal Title IV aid might cause Stafford loans or other aid to be reduced. See the Awarding Aid section of this website for more information.
- If all requirements are met, a student should expect approximately two weeks between the time the request is sent and the funds are received and processed by Indiana University.
- For timely disbursement of AmeriCorps funds, submit payment requests to AmeriCorps by the following dates:
- June 1 for fall semester
- October 1 for spring semester
- March 1 for summer sessions