How to Apply for Scholarships
Thank you for visiting the website for the IU Southeast Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Our campus welcomes amazing students each semester and hope this website will serve as an informative resource about IU Southeast scholarships as well as the financial aid process.
Steps to apply for Scholarships at IU Southeast
- Submit Admissions application to IU Southeast.
- Students must be admitted before submitting the online scholarship application.
- Apply for admission early to avoid processing delays.
- Set up your IU Computing Account.
- You must have this account to access Onestart.iu.edu and complete the online scholarship application.
- New students can set up their IU computing account at https://itaccounts.iu.edu.
- Do not use a guest account to apply for scholarships (guest accounts require you to enter your full email address, ex. firstname.lastname@example.org, as your username, IU accounts do not).
- Complete the online scholarship application October 1 - March 1 each year.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to maximize eligibility online at fafsa.gov (school code 001817).
- The 2015-2016 FAFSA form opens on January 1, 2015.
- IU Southeast must receive your FAFSA no later than March 1 for use in the scholarship process.
- Check with your Academic Division for scholarship opportunities and applications specific to your major. (not all scholarships are awarded by the Financial Aid Office.)
- Some scholarships are not automatically awarded or associated with an academic school, college or department or applied for with the online scholarship application. These scholarships may need an additional application (paper) to be submitted. For these types of additional scholarship and funding opportunities please see the additional scholarship opportunities section.
- Check with local agencies, employers and community foundations for scholarship opportunities. If awarded please review the External Scholarship Information section for deadlines and mailing instructions.
- Set up free online web scholarship search. You can review several search engines by clicking on Online Scholarship Engines.
- Please contact us at 812-941-2246 or email@example.com with any questions.