(Effective Fall semester "08")
We offer dining points that can be used in the University Grounds Coffee Shop, located on the ground floor of the University Center South, offering a variety of specialty coffees, espresso, teas, smoothies, bottled soda/juices, and bakery products.
As well as –
The Food Court located on the ground floor of University Center North featuring made to order sandwiches, wraps, subs, fresh salad bar, soup station, hot and cold grab and go items, fountain and bottled beverages, snacks, desserts and daily entrée selections.
Operational hours for the Food Court are Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM, Friday 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday Closed.
Operational hours for the Coffee Shop are Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM, Friday 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
Dining points may be purchased in various amounts to suit your dining needs. We offer the following amounts.
- $50.00 = 52 points (earns an additional free 2 points or 4% savings)
- $100.00 = 105 points (earns an additional free 5 points or 5% savings)
- $300.00 = 330 points (earns an additional free 30 points or 10% savings)
- $400.00 = 450 points (earns an additional free 50 points or 13% savings)
- $600.00 = 690 points (earns an additional free 90 points or 15% savings)
($600.00 plan not recommended for purchase January through the end of the spring term)
The point system works best when you follow a budget all year. Cashiers may give current balances any time the card is used.
There are no equivalencies and no breakfast, lunch or dinner times. Whatever you spend on your meal is deducted from your Dining Points account.
- Meal plan points may be rolled over from fall semester to spring semester. For students taking summer classes points may be rolled over for summer, but will expire at the end of summer.
- Points expire after the spring semester if the student does not purchase a new plan. If they buy a new plan they continue to roll until they do not own a current plan or leave the university, (graduate, transfer, withdraw, etc.)
- Points may ONLY be used in the University Grounds Coffee Shop or the Food Court.
- Faculty and Staff points will roll over as long as they are employed by IU Southeast.
Employee Meal Plans
Like the student meal plan, employees can open an employee meal plan by contacting the Bursars office. The employee meal plan provides for the same "bonus points" program as listed above. The employee meal plans begin immediately upon opening and continue until used. You have seven days from the last day of employment to use your points; after seven days your points will expire.
Purchasing U CARD Meal Plan
Dining Points may be purchased in the Bursar's office. Please download the application form. The completed form can be brought to the Bursar's office with payment or you may fax the form to 812-941-2639 and contact us at 812-941-2335 for payment.
Card holders are responsible for purchases made on lost or stolen cards; therefore, if your U Card has been lost or stolen, please contact the Bursars office immediately by phone at 812-941-2335, or by stopping by room UCS 103 Monday – Thursday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. A replacement fee of $25.00 will be charged for lost cards. Stolen cards must be reported to the University Police department as soon as possible, at which time they will be de-activated to prevent further use.
Gift cards may be purchased in any dollar amount from the Bursar's office, plus a $1.00 service fee for each card, and may be used in both the food court as well as the University Grounds coffee shop.
No Hassle Means
No Shopping. No Cooking. No Brown-bagging, No Dish Washing.