Disability Services Home > Faculty Handbook > Mission Statement
The mission of the Office of Disability Services is to work with all aspects of the university and with the
community to ensure that qualified students with disabilities receive an equal opportunity to fully participate in
and enjoy the benefits of higher education at Indiana University Southeast. We are committed to supporting the
University's mission of welcoming cultural diversity. The Office of Disability Services will maintain the strictest
confidentiality and privacy of all persons with disabilities.
We strive to accomplish this mission by:
- Serving as educators in broadening awareness of the needs of qualified
students with disabilities by sharing professional expertise with members
of the campus and the community.
- Acting as advocates in affirming the right of every student to achieve
his/her full potential.
- Serving as liaisons between students, faculty, and staff of the University.
- Providing qualified students with disabilities reasonable accommodations
they need to achieve their full potential.
- Keeping the University in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to persons with disabilities.