School of Education

License Changes for Education Candidates Seeking KY License

NEW ALBANY, IN, (July 7, 2012) –ATTENTION: Education Candidates Seeking any KY Educator’s License

The KY Education Professional Standards Board announced in the last week of June, 2012, that applicants for a KY “Statement of Eligibility”, who complete their coursework at an out-of-state institution (including IU Southeast), must first acquire a license from the institution’s state, and provide a copy of that license with their application for the KY license.

For an IN license, graduates must have the proper CPR/AED/Heimlich certification, pass the necessary IN Praxis II test(s), and apply and pay for an IN license.

Questions may be directed to our Student Services Office at (812) 941-2386.