- All candidates are required to pass the Licensure specific computer competency test
- Candidates are responsible for; access and installation of adequate computer hardware, required IUWare software, and other course specific free applications
- Candidates must be familiar with and have access to a broadband Internet connection at home, work, or at IU Southeast in order to complete coursework and maintain communication with their instructors
- Candidates are responsible for adjusting their personal schedules to complete requirements
- Candidates can take W540 only after having completed all other licensure courses successfully
For candidates admitted after 7/15/2011, a two-year gap in coursework will require a new application for re-admission into any graduate program, and a mandatory meeting with a program advisor. The re-admitted candidate must then comply with any new program requirements, if any.
The Computer Education License Program features a rolling application process.
- Attend a mandatory program advising session.
- Complete online application. A $40 application fee is assessed when applying to program. If a previous application fee was paid the fee should be waived. To determine if fee is to be waived, please contact our Record Specialist.
Mary Ann Wild
Phone: (812) 941-2388
- On the Uploads Tab, upload a personal statement that identifies your academic goals, career objectives and why you are applying to this program. Please also upload a copy of current teaching license or statement of eligibility. (Emergency license not acceptable.)
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school.
Please send all completed materials to:
IU Southeast School of Education
Mary Ann Wild, Record Specialist
Hillside Hall 108A
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150