There are 2 applications for admittance into the School Counseling Program:
Application 1-Seeking Admission to the Graduate School as a School Counseling major
- Read and listen to these narrated PowerPoint presentation slides. DPI-advising-session.pdf Print the PDF documents listed here. Follow directions in the slides for how to submit your application.
- Complete online application. Neither personal statements nor departmental questions are required.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school. Candidates must have at least a 3.0 GPA for graduate coursework or a 2.5 GPA for undergraduate coursework.
Once materials have been received, the Program Coordinator will review transcripts and candidate will receive an official letter and a detailed Academic Advising Checklist. The Advising Checklist will indicate which Pre-Requisites and Pre-Core courses candidate must take before submitting Application 2, Application to the Clinical Cohort.
Application 2-Seeking Admission to the Clinical Cohort
Candidates can apply to begin the Clinical Cohort in January OR in May. The application process is the same regardless of your start date, but application deadlines will obviously vary. See specific deadlines below.
Follow the steps below for application #2
- Complete necessary Pre-req and Pre-core courses, as indicated by the Academic Checklist you received when conditionally admitted to Graduate School as a School Counseling major.
- Attend Mandatory DPII Clinical Cohort Application Advising Session. If applying to start the Cohort in January, listen to these narrated PowerPoint presentation slides before submitting application #2. DPII-clinical-cohort-application-advising-instructions-directions.pdf
If you are applying to start the Cohort in May, the Mandatory DPII Advising Session is Thursday February 5th, 5:30pm in University Center North, room 128.
- Interview Dates for the January 2015 application are Thursday and Friday November 13th and 14th. Interviews will be held in Hillside Hall. At the Mandatory DPII Advising Session you will receive more specific information about the Interviews.
- Print and read detailed instructions on compiling your Application #2 Clinical Cohort Binder.
- Submit Application #2 Clinical Cohort Binder to Dr. Bradley's office, Hillside Hall Room 0008, or to the main office the School of Education by:
January Clinical Cohort Application Deadline: Monday, November 3rd, 2014
May Clinical Cohort Application Deadline: Sunday, March 1st, 2015
Note: March 1st is a Sunday, so you may submit on Monday, March 2nd, 2015
*Candidates may still be completing requirements the semester in which they apply for the Clinical Cohort, but must be finished with all requirements at the end of that semester to be eligible for acceptance into the Clinical Cohort.
The Application for the Clinical Cohort is evaluated on the following criteria:
- Grade Point Average
- GPA in pre-core classes
- Grades on assessment papers in EDUC-G 500
- Recommendation forms
- Years of post-BA/BS experience with K-12 age children (minimum 2 years required)
- Personal statement
- Bonus Points Experiences:
- In-Person Interviews
- Participation in a Short Activity following In-Person Interviews
Please Note: Taking the pre-requisite and pre-core courses does not guarantee entrance into the clinical cohort. Candidates not accepted may re-apply the following year. Those re-submitted application go back into the pool and compete against all others; they will not be given preference.