- Indiana application’s must hold a master’s degree or be enrolled in the Master’s Program at IU Southeast.
- Kentucky applications must hold a master’s degree to be considered for acceptance. Kentucky candidates may apply hours toward a Rank I with additional coursework that is appropriate for school leaders. The additional coursework must be approved by the Kentucky advisor.
- Application Deadlines: July 1 and March 1
Applications submitted by July 1: Applicant will be notified of the decision of their application by August 1 and may begin coursework in August.
Applications submitted by March 1: Applicant will be notified of the decision of their application by April 1 and may begin coursework in May.
For candidates admitted after 7/15/2011 who do not earn credit for course work at IU Southeast during any one-year period will be required to meet new requirements in effect when they resume their course work at IU Southeast. Candidates with a two-year gap in coursework must meet with an advisor and reapply for admission.
- Attend a mandatory program advising session.
- Complete online application. A $40 application fee is assessed when applying to program. If a previous application fee was paid the fee should be waived. To determine if fee is to be waived, please contact our Record Specialist.
Mary Ann Wild
Phone: (812) 941-2388
- On the Uploads Tab, upload an essay that explains why you want to be a building level administrator, how you have impacted student learning and how you have served as a school leader.
- Three letters of recommendation that address your leadership skills must be submitted. One must be from a current or recent supervisor. Use the Recommendation Tab on the online application to request electronically. If desired, letters may be mailed directly to Records Specialist.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school. A minimum 3.0 GPA must be reflected on all transcripts.
- Also on the Uploads Tab, upload a copy of current teaching license. (Emergency license and statement of eligibility are not acceptable.)