- Presently, tuition for online courses is considered "in-state" for all participants. Per Reciprocity Agreement between Indiana and Kentucky, candidates from the Kentucky counties of Bullitt, Jefferson, Meade, Oldham, and Trimble are eligible for "in-state" tuition rates at IU Southeast.
- Certification: Indiana (Rule 46-47: K-12; Indiana (Rules 2002): same School Setting(s) as initial license; Kentucky: same as Grade Levels as initial license
- Clinical experience may take place locally or through a study abroad option in Ecuador.
For candidates admitted after 7/15/2011, a two-year gap in coursework will require a new application for re-admission into any graduate program, and a mandatory meeting with a program advisor. The re-admitted candidate must then comply with any new program requirements, if any.
The ESL/ENL License Program features a rolling application process.
- Attend a mandatory program advising session.
- Complete online application. A $40 application fee is assessed when applying to program. If a previous application fee was paid the fee should be waived. To determine if fee is to be waived, please contact our Record Specialist.
Mary Ann Wild
Phone: (812) 941-2388
- On the Uploads Tab, upload a brief statement as to your professional motivations for pursuing this license. Also, state 3 goals of pursuing your license in ESL/ENL at the bottom of this statement/documentm and address the SOE dispositions in the statement.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school. A 2.5 GPA for all undergraduate coursework, 3.0 GPA for all graduate coursework must be reflected on all transcripts.
- Also on the Uploads Tab, upload a copy of current teaching license or state of eligibility. (Emergency license not acceptable.)
Please send all completed materials to:
IU Southeast School of Education
Mary Ann Wild, Record Specialist
Hillside Hall 108A
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150