- All standards must be met at the proficiency level to be recommended for the license.
- Additional testing is required for Kentucky licensing and may soon be a requirement in Indiana.
For candidates admitted after 7/15/2011, a two-year gap in coursework will require a new application for re-admission into any graduate program, and a mandatory meeting with a program advisor. The re-admitted candidate must then comply with any new program requirements, if any.
The Gifted and Talented Education License Program features a rolling application process.
- Attend a program advising session held each semester.
- Complete the online application. A $40 application fee is assessed when applying to program. If a previous application fee was paid the fee should be waived. To determine if fee is to be waived, please contact our Record Specialist.
Mary Ann Wild
Phone: (812) 941-2388
- Two letters of recommendation are required from educators who know your capacity to engage in graduate coursework and to work with high ability learners. Use the Recommendation Tab on the online application to request electronically. If desired, letters may be mailed directly to Records Specialist.
- On the Uploads Tab, upload a personal statement that identifies your academic goals, career objectives and why you are applying to this program.
- Also on the Uploads Tab, upload a copy of current teaching license or statement of eligibility. (Emergency license not acceptable.)
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school. A required overall 3.0 GPA must be reflected on all transcripts for undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Submit a personal statement addressing the SOE dispositions.
Please send all completed materials to:
IU Southeast School of Education
Mary Ann Wild, Record Specialist
Hillside Hall 108A
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150