All Masters candidates must first attend a Graduate education informational session or watch the screencast on the overall Master's information.
The Reading Teacher License Program features a rolling application process.
- Download the appropriate check sheet regarding the Reading Program.
- Watch the appropriate Screen Cast related to the Reading Program (at bottom of this page).
- Complete the online application. A $40 application fee is assessed when applying to the program; if you are currently attending or have attended IU in the past, please indicate so on the application--the fee will be waived. To determine if fee is to be waived, please contact our Records Specialist, Mary Ann Wild: 812/941.2388, email@example.com.
- On the "Uploads" tab, submit a brief statement that includes teaching experience, why you are interested in the Reading concentration or the Reading License Program, and address the SOE Dispositions.
- Submit one letter of reference from a school authority who knows your capabilities regarding literacy. Use the Recommendation Tab on the online application to submit electronically. If desired, the letter may be mailed directly to our Records Specialist at the address below.
- Also on the "Uploads" tab, submit a copy of your current teaching license or statement of eligibility. (An emergency permit/license is not acceptable.)
- Send by mail (or drop off) to our Records Specialist official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than any IU school. A 3.0 GPA in graduate coursework is required; if no graduate work, a 2.5 GPA for undergraduate coursework is required.
Please send all completed materials to:
IU Southeast School of Education
Mary Ann Wild, Records Specialist
Hillside Hall 108A
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150