Candidates may purse a major in Secondary Education once they have completed 12 credit hours (excluding developmental courses) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and minimum grade of C in ENG-W 131, and have declared Secondary Education as their major candidates are then advised by Program Faculty.
- Completion of EDUC-F200 with an earned a grade of at least 2.0 (C) and have a GPA in professional education courses of at least 2.75
- Completion of the communications courses (i.e., ENG-W131, SPCH-S121, ENG-G207, and ENG-W270, ENG-W290 or ENG-W350) with no grade less than 2.0 (C) and a GPA of at least 2.75
- Completion of a degree specific required level mathematics course MATH-M114 or higher with a grade of at least 2.0 (C)
- Hold an overall GPA of at least 2.75
- Hold at least a grade of 2.0 (C) in each course in licensing area(s) and overall GPA in each licensing area of at least 2.75
- Passing scores on CASA or other state-approved alternatives based on Indiana standards (ACT Composite Score of 24 or SAT Score Total of 1100 on Verbal and Math )
- Acceptable recommendations from instructors and field experience teachers in EDUC-F200
- Submit a completed application to the Secondary Education Program SEP with a copy of the test scores
Please see the Bulletin for more detailed information on each major offered.