- Attend an Application Orientation Session-held at various times during the beginning of the semester.
- Application Deadlines: October 15 and February 15
Applications submitted by October 15: Applicant will be considered for the Spring Cohort.
Applications submitted by February 15: Applicant will be considered for the Fall Cohort.
- Candidates accepted into the Special Education Program will be required to complete four major summative decision points.
- The Elementary Education Program accepts no more than 50 candidates each fall and spring semester. These candidates include both the Special Education Program and the Elementary Education Program.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Have a C or better in all core language arts and math courses completed.
- Have passing scores (as determined by the IU system and/or the Indiana Department of Education) on the Praxis 1, CASA, or other state-approved alternatives--see advisor for details.
- Including current enrollment, have at least 36 credit hours towards general education requirements as outlined by the Special Education check sheet.
Please see the Bulletin for more detailed information