Eligible candidates must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with overall grade-point-average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) and five(5) years’ related professional experience
All applications for Elementary Transition to Teaching Program must be received by the School of Education at IU Southeast by 4:00 pm on November 1.
- Attend a mandatory program advising session.
- Complete online application. A $40 application fee is assessed when applying to program. If a previous application fee was paid the fee should be waived. To determine if fee is to be waived, please contact our Record Specialist.
Mary Ann Wild
Phone: (812) 941-2388
- On the Uploads Tab, upload an essay that explains why you would be a good candidate for this program and what strengths you would bring to teaching.
- If your overall GPA is below 3.0, upload a separate essay that documents 5 years’ related professional experience with school age children in the Department Questions area of the online application.
- Two letters of recommendation are required – one letter addressing your strength as a candidate for this program and another addressing your character. Use the Recommendation Tab on the online application to request electronically. If desired, letters may be mailed directly to Records Specialist—address below.
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school.
- Submit results of CASA scores in the areas of Reading (001), Math (002) and Writing (003), or other acceptable scores (See Alternative Options under Forms and Manuals). (KY requires scores to be no more than five years old at time of license application. IN does not have a time restraint).
- Alternative options for meeting standards are listed under the Forms and Manuals section. These are all handled on a case by case basis. You must contact the Elementary Transition to Teaching Coordinator if you are interested.
Please send all completed materials to:
IU Southeast School of Education
Mary Ann Wild, Record Specialist
Hillside Hall 108A
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150