POSITION: Clerical Assistant – Part-Time, Hourly Position (29 hours per week)
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
SALARY: $9.00/hr, no benefits available
Answer the telephone, screen calls, refer calls, schedule appointments, greet visitors, answer general questions and assists with forms. Perform clerical duties. Tasks include, but not limited to, keyboarding, filing, duplicating, collating, data entry, distributing materials, communicating in person, by phone, and email.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- One year office experience
- Typing skills – 35 wpm
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of computer and word processing/database software
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Organizational skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Ability to work with wide range of people
- Orientation toward quality service
- Ability to lift 10 pounds
- Sedentary position -sitting for extended periods
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the Initial contact for office, which includes, but is not limited to, greeting visitors, answering the telephone, screening and referring calls, scheduling appointments, and assisting customers with form completion.
- Process forms and other paperwork received by the office. Open, sort, evaluate and distribute mail. Checks forms for accuracy and scans and/or distributes documents received.
- Maintain financial aid paper records, including filing, purging, and shredding.
- Assemble and prepare outgoing mailings.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Maintain inventory of office forms and paper products
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates must complete an IU Southeast Employment Application and attach a detailed resume. Applications are available in the Human Resources Office. The Human Resources Office is located in the University Center South building, room 244. Please call 812-941-2356 with questions.
IU Southeast is committed to a learning environment that actively seeks to support students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. Consistent with the university’s commitment to diversity, persons from traditionally under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.