Position: Part-time Office Services Assistant
Department: Center for Mentoring
Pay: $9.00/hr, no benefits
Assistant to the Director of the Center for Mentoring with the Mentoring Program, Access to Success Program, and other retention initiatives. Performs secretarial duties,monitor's department's monthly statements, maintains databases and the Center for Mentoring website. Duties include,but are not limited to reconciling credit card statements, purchasing, filing, duplicating, word processing,creating flyers and invitations, and communicating in person, phone, and email.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Two year office experience
• Knowledge and skills in database management, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher
• Ability to reconcile accounts
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Interpersonal skills
• Organizational skills with ability to multitask
• Proven orientation toward quality service
• Ability to life ten pounds
• Sedentary work: sitting for extended periods of time
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide secretarial support: maintain calendar; schedule appointments;arrange meetings;prepare and type correspondence; answer phone and respond to inquiries by answering questions and making referrals to appropriate office or individual
• Monitor and reconcile department credit card statements
• Prepare purchase orders for supplies and materials for office use; type and prepare other forms used by department
• Retrieve student administrative records for databases, reports, and statistical data
• Develop and maintain database structures
• Maintain the mentoring website
• Assist in preparing travel arrangements for Director
• Assist in coordination of program activities
• Prepare mailings
• Supervise hourly students
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described as required
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must complete an IU Southeast Employment Application and attach a detailed resume. Applications are available in the Human Resource Office. The Human Resource Office is located in the University Center South building, room 244; telephone number is 812-941-2356. Please call with any questions.
Deadline:Open until filled.
IU Southeast is committed to a learning environment that actively seeks to support students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. Consistent with the university’s commitment to diversity, persons from traditionally under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.