Welcome to IU Print
Student printing at IU Southeast is now part of IU Print. A student ID card, known as the UCard, is required to release your print jobs.
Using IU Print, Step-by-Step:
- Send your job from a computer using the print option (Ctrl P, File Print, etc.)
- Walk over to printers and swipe UCard on preferred Print Release Station.
- See a list of prints that stay in the queue for 1 hour.
- Select proper job from list and release it to print.
- Printer prints job.
- Take print with you.
IT has installed new printers throughout the campus for both black and white and color. Each printer now has a touchscreen Print Release Station (PRS) attached to it. The PRS is a computer that shows a list of jobs to be printed or deleted. Each Print Release Station has a card swipe on top of the monitor.
When you send a print job to the printer and swipe your card at the PRS, the job will show up on the PRS monitor. It’ll stay in the queue for one hour.
Simply touch and drag to select multiple prints, or delete the jobs if you change your mind. Your available print allotment shows at the bottom of the monitor. You can also print anywhere on campus, not just to the printers near the workstation.
Note: If you have just received a new UCard it will not work for an hour or two.
All students will receive $2.70 per credit hour up to a maximum of $32.50 (equal to 650 1-sided b&w pages).
Note: Print allotment funds cannot be used for any other purpose and are non-refundable.
Student accounts will automatically rollover up to $15.00 of your allotment (equal to 300 1-sided b&w pages) from Fall to Spring, and up to $15.00 from Spring to Summer. Allotments reset each Fall.
B&W = 5¢ per page
B&W Duplex = 8¢ per page
Color = 25¢ per page
Color Duplex = 45¢ per page
Increasing Your Allotment:
Adding funds to your UCard at the Cash to Card Kiosk or online will not increase your print allotment. Students must visit the Bursar's Office or the Library Circulation Desk to pay for additional print allotment funds.
Use your IU email address to send your documents to the campus black & white or color print queue from anywhere. You can use any device that can send email, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, or desktop computers.
To use mobile printing, attach the document you want to print to an email message, as described below. Then release the document at any Student Technology Center (STC) print release station.
Printing a document from your IU email account:
- Use your IU email account to start a new email message. Address the message to one of the following:
- The body of the email message does not need any text.
- If the body of the email contains more than a few lines of text, the system may automatically create an additional document in your print queue. Likewise, if the body of the email contains a graphic, it may also appear as a separate item in the print queue. However, if you do not wish to print these extra files, you can delete them at the release station and avoid incurring any printing charges for them.
- Attach the file to be printed and send the email message.
- The format can be any of the most common file types: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, JPG and GIF graphics files, and PDF files. Some PowerPoint documents may not render properly.
- You cannot print web pages directly to mobile print. You must first save the them as a PDF files before attaching them to the email message.
- Duplex (2-sided) printing is not currently available via the mobile print function.
- You will receive an email confirmation that the job is submitted and ready for release at a Print Release Station. This may take a few minutes depending on the size of the document. Go to any Print Release Station, swipe your campus card in the reader, choose the document from your list in the queue, and print it.
Printing a document from non-IU email accounts:
The above instructions work immediately with an existing IU email account. If you wish to add non-IU email accounts from which to send mobile print jobs, you must log into the Pharos Web Release page and add the new address(es) to your profile. You will receive a confirmation request email to complete the process. Upon confirming your address, follow the instructions above.
Printing from IUanyWare:
To print from an IUanyWare application, see the IU Knowledge Base article How do I print from an IUanyWare application?.
Duplex Printing, Color Printing & Copying:
Black & White duplex prints must be released at Copy/Email/Duplex station. Copy/Email/Duplex stations are located in US100, LB200, CV112, KV207, and GC 400.
All color release stations have a duplexer installed. By default they will still print on one side but students can change that to two-sided printing.
Color printers are located in US100, LB200, CV112, KV207, LB208, HH203, and LF300 Lobby.
|CV 112||FL 100||GL 100||HH 123||HH 203|
|KV 207||LB 100||LB 200||LB 240||LB 300|
|LF 111||LF 115||LF 399||ML 200||OL 100|
|PS 015||PS 100||PS 299||US 001||US 100|
|US 206||WL 100|
|CV 108||HH 102||HH 113||HH 205||KV 208|
|KV 215||KV 237||LB 235||LF 101||LF 105|
|LF 235||LF 240||LF 343||LF 374||PS 007|
|PS 014||US 245|
|CV 112||HH 203||KV 207||LB 200||US 100|
|CV 112||CG 400||KV 207||LB 200||US 100|
Scanning to Email
There is no charge for scanning to email.
There is a fax machine in the Library copy room for public use (local/toll free/IU campus faxes only). No department on campus currently has a fax machine that students can use for long distance.
A coin-operated copier is located in the Library, room 216. Copies are 10¢ each. If you experience difficulties using the copier, please see a staff member at the circulation desk.
Student copying is also available student labs listed above.