MIS Core Competencies
- Identification of the interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, and international nature of the topic.
- Scholarly level knowledge through reading of primary (research and creative works) and secondary texts (critical, historical, and theoretical treatises).
- Extensive, critical, and constructive student participation in class discussion.
- Ability to do graduate level critical and analytical thinking, including:
- Finding, analyzing, and evaluating important concepts
- Evaluating quality and accuracy of evidence
- Identifying and critically evaluating intellectual and cultural/contextual issues
- Demonstrating awareness of multiple approaches and their validity
- Developing one’s own critical approach based on knowledge of the field
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple approaches to examine complex issues.
- Completion of individual graduate level written and oral communication of learning:
- Written papers that present critical and synthetic analysis of the topic
- Oral presentations that convey the central tenets and specific issues
Adopted: 27 February 2008