The Bachelor of Science degrees in Chemistry are approved by the American Chemical Society. These degrees are especially recommended for students who plan to pursue graduate studies in chemical sciences, including analytical, biological, inorganic, organic, medicinal, pharmaceutical, polymer, and physical chemistry, as well as those who are interested in pursuing advanced degrees in medicine, pharmacy, and dentistry. Students completing this program will receive a certificate from the American Chemistry Society.
Upon completion of the requisite courses for a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, the students will have:
- applied knowledge in the fundamental areas of chemistry,
- applied laboratory knowledge and hands-on skills,
- written legible and complete experimental records,
- communicated chemical information in both written and oral forms, &
- produced research under a chemistry faculty's supervision.