Students assume responsibility for meeting degree requirements and for filing the application for a degree. The application for the degree must be completed when planning the program for the final semester. Students must file a degree application with the School of Nursing recorder by September 1 for December graduation and by December 1 for May, June or August graduation.
All candidates for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Nursing must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete satisfactorily 120 credit hours that apply to the degree (credit hour requirements may vary slightly among campuses). Credits earned in remedial learning skill courses do not apply toward the degree.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of C (2.0)
- Achieve a grade of C (2.0) or higher in each required course or equivalent.
- Remove all incomplete, deferred, and/or special credit course grades in nursing courses by three weeks prior to the end of the student's last semester before graduation.
- Complete all course work within six years after enrollment in nursing courses.
- Note*: A pattern of withdrawals may influence requests for consideration of reinstatement.
- Students are required to complete an NCLEX® Readiness Examination, NCLEX® Review, and other assessments.