C-6 - Nursing Scholarships / Financial Assistance
Target Group: Basic BSN and RN-BSN Students
Policy Type: New Policy
To promote student persistence by offering resources for scholarships and financial assistance.
The nursing program will maintain a file of nursing scholarships and routinely inform students of scholarship and financial assistance opportunities available to them.
- Scholarship applicants must submit a Federal Financial Aid Form (FAFSA) on-line prior to the published deadline in order to receive scholarship or other financial assistance.
- Indiana University Southeast Scholarships are announced and applications are available during the month of February.
- IU Southeast nursing faculty comprise the committee to review scholarship applications and select recipients. Recipients are notified in writing of the award(s) and the scholarships/financial assistance are posted to the student’s account by the Financial Aid office.
- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) scholarships will be announced and available for student application(s) during the month of February or as soon as they are released.
- Applicants complete the scholarship application(s) on-line and submit to IUPUI. Selection of scholarship recipients is at the discretion of the IUPUI scholarship committee. Scholarships are posted to the student’s account by the Financial Aid office.
- IUPUI sends the IU Southeast nursing advisor notification of IU Southeast scholarship recipients during the summer session.
- The academic advisor will notify nursing students of other scholarships and financial assistance as they become available.
Effective Date: Fall 1999
Approved by: Admission, Progression, Graduation Committee: February 8, 2010
Approved by: Council of Nursing Faculty: March 15, 2010