History Honors Program Admission Requirements
Admission to the History Honors Program requires the following:
- the student must be a history major with junior standing
- the student must have at least a 3.3 GPA in all courses and at least a 3.5 GPA in history courses
- and the student must have completed 15 hours of history courses including H236.
Honors Program Requirements
Once admitted to the program, honors students will complete a double major in History Honors and History.
In addition to meeting the requirements for the history major, the honors student at the advanced level must complete:
- At least three 300-level or higher courses (as opposed to a mixture of 200 and 300 levels)
- Three advanced history courses in one regional area (as opposed to the normal two)
- On the senior seminar paper receive a grade of B or better from anonymous evaluation from the entire resident history faculty
- The student must participate in a field trip with faculty and other honors students to a historic site or complete an internship related to the discipline
- The honors student must present a research paper at an undergraduate or professional conference or have the paper published in a journal
- Honors students must maintain the 3.3 GPA in all courses and the 3.5 GPA in history courses