Requirements for Bachelor of Arts Degree
Download a degree check sheet: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (beginning Fall 2011)
Completion of 120 credit hours.
The 120 credit hours for the bachelor's degree consist of the following:
- 31 credit hours in journalism:
- L155 Information Resources in Journalism
- C200 Introduction to Mass Communications
- J200 Reporting, Writing and Editing
- J210 Visual Communications
- J341 Newspaper Reporting
- J351 Newspaper Editing
- J344 Photojournalism Reporting
- C327 Writing for Publication (Horizon internship) which must be taken twice for a total of 6 credit hours (or approved equivalent experience)
- J480 Senior Seminar in Journalism
- either J300 Communications Law or J320 Principles of Creative Advertising
- 21 credit hours in a second concentration in an academic discipline outside journalism.
- The selection of courses for the second concentration must be approved by an academic adviser or faculty adviser.
- Recommended second concentrations include:
- political science
- fine arts
- criminal justice