Graduates of our program at Indiana University Southeast have been very successful. Since 1990, nearly 60% of our graduates are either currently attending graduate or professional schools or they have received degrees from graduate or professional schools.
Many of our graduates work for the state of Indiana in various capacities - several work as legislative assistants and others are lobbyists. Some work for non-profit agencies and public relations firms, while others are officers in the U.S. military. Others serve as campaign managers or staff members for many candidates for political office locally and nationally.
Political science majors can become:
- Campaign advisers
- Public relations specialists
- U.S. Military officers
- International marketing representatives
- Business people
- Specialists for federal, state or local government
A political science degree provides these career skills and abilities:
- Effective communication
- Problem analyzing and solving
- A desire for life-long learning and self-teaching
- Empathy or understanding of motives and choices of people different from ourselves.