Frequently Asked Questions

College Scholars

What support is available to me once I am enrolled in college?

Your Scholar Support Specialist is on campus for you. You can find them in the Office of Campus Life, UC 010 and they can assist you in any way you need help. You can reach them by phone at (812) 941-2675.

What is the scholarship worth?

The scholarship pays for undergraduate tuition and regularly assessed fees. The scholarship does NOT cover the cost of books, room and board, parking fees, lab fees or any other fees assessed that are not assessed to all students.

How do I keep my scholarship?

In order to keep your scholarship, you must complete at least 30 credit hours per year, earn Satisfactory Academic Progress (maintain a 2.0 GPA while passing 67% of classes) and file the FAFSA by April 15th each year. For more information, see the “Requirements” page.

What steps must I take to use my scholarship?

As a currently enrolled 21st Century Scholar, you must continue to file the FAFSA by April 15th of each year. You must also continue to uphold the requirements of the 21st Century Scholars program.

Can I use my scholarship if I am enrolled part-time?

No, you must be enrolled as a full-time student which is at least 12 credit hours per semester.

Can I use the scholarship if I transfer or withdraw?

Your scholarship can only be used at an eligible college or university in the state of Indiana. For information on these institutions, see this page. When you transfer, you must still complete 30 credits per year, 12 per semester, and indicate the new college on your FAFSA form in order to receive the proper funds. You will need to confirm with the academic advisors at each institution about which credits will transfer.

What if the college listed as the first choice on my FAFSA form is not the college I attend?

If you decide to attend any college other than the one listed as the first choice on your FAFSA, you must change your first choice college selection through eStudent website.

How do I know if I am an eligible 21st Century Scholar?

Do I have to file the FAFSA every year?

Yes, you must file the FAFSA by March 10 each year. Be sure to make corrections by April 15th.

High School Scholars

Must I enroll in college right after I graduate high school?

No. You have one year to begin using your award. So if you graduate in May 2015, you have until the Fall 2016 semester to activate your scholarship. Remember that you must complete an Affirmation Form and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15th of your senior year of high school, even if you are not attending college in the fall. Additionally, the FAFSA must be filed by March 10 of each subsequent year.

What if I serve in the military for longer than one year after high school?

If you exceed the one-year requirement to begin college as a full-time college student due to active-duty service in the military you will need to submit a letter of appeal and a copy of your DD214.