Guidelines for Research Support Fund
Using headings below in the sequence given provide the specified information. Use as much space as needed.
- Details of the Project
- Character and scope including explicit statement of research hypothesis/question or creative problem.
- Detailed method and plan of work.
- Presumable scholarly significance (place project in context; cite relevant literature).
- Application or relation of possible results from these investigations to more general problems in the field. (Provide this information only if it differs from C. above.)
- When commenced, progress to date, and expectation as to completion and publication.
- Assessment of the likelihood that this project will lead, directly or indirectly, to external funding.
- Qualifications of the Applicant:
- Applicant's special competence for this project (background, training, preparation).
- Papers published or presented by the applicant bearing upon this subject.
- Other publications by the applicant.
- Two letters of support. Letters should be sent directly to the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Other Relevant Information, if any:
- Applicants should indicate the extent to which each of the awards is essential to the project.
- Attach curriculum vita.
- Total Amount Required
- Itemized budget. Each item should be explained. Research Support Funds do not normally cover routine expenses for items such as postage, telephone calls, etc. which are typically picked up by school budgets. Any requests for funds for such items must be strongly justified by the applicant. Funds for student assistants may be included.
NOTE: Awards are contingent on meeting all appropriate research compliance requirements, e.g. animal, biosafety, and human subject approval.